Tuition paid to Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary covers any course taken through the cross-registration system of the Graduate Theological Union and the University of California, Berkeley. Tuition, fees, rentals and other charges quoted in this section are in effect at the time of printing but are subject to change as may be required for the prudent fiscal management of the institution. Notice of fee increases is given as far in advance as possible.
Tuition & Fees Schedule (pdf)
- The minimum tuition paid for the MDiv degree taken entirely at PLTS must equal full-time tuition for 6 semesters. The minimum tuition paid for the MTS and MCM degrees taken entirely at PLTS must equal full-time tuition for 4 semesters. The tuition charges are those in effect during the student’s years of enrollment.
- For students transferring from other schools, minimum required tuition for the Mdiv degree will be adjusted according to a determination of the number of units transferred to the PLTS degree program.
- The continuation fee for MA students is charged after 4 semesters of full-time tuition is paid.
- For tuition information on summer courses, refer to the current Cooperative Summer Session brochure.
- Completed registration statements are due in the PLTS registrar’s office by 3:30 p.m. on the last day of registration. Statements submitted after that time are subject to a late fee.
- Changes in registration after the registration statement has been filed (i.e., dropping or adding a course, changing the grade option, etc.) require a change form and payment of the $30 change fee.
For further information, call the PLTS Business Office at (510) 559-2723.
Any student enrolled in any program of the GTU or a member institution who is delinquent in any obligation to the GTU or to any of its members (including, but not limited to, housing regulations, tuition and fees) will not be entitled to any certification from the GTU or its members, such as diplomas, transcripts or registration for course work, until the GTU or the member school certifies that such delinquency has been made good.
All students enrolled at PLTS for 10 or more units in a degree or certificate program, including all interns, are required to have group major medical insurance. PLTS offers the following insurance coverage options:
- Seminary Student National Health Insurance Program (“Seminary Plan,”) which is group coverage offered by the eight ELCA seminaries. Spouse, dependent, and catastrophic coverage may each be purchased separately. For questions regarding the student health plan, please go to the seminary insurance website, www.eiiassip.com.
- Those students who are covered by a qualified medical plan may opt out of the PLTS coverage option.
Fees are payable each semester. Coverage for spouse and dependents and other major medical are available from the plan.